Salmon Poké Bowl
> Gluten Free > Dairy Free > Nut free
The famous poké bowl is a popular Hawaiian dish taking the world by storm! The dish may seem complicated with several ingredients, but we have a simple version that you can make at home. Of course you can add whatever toppings you like to customise this tasty dish.
1 tub Kirkbright Seafood Steamed Rice
200g Boneless Atlantic Salmon - skin off, sashimi Grade
Your favourite toppings – avocado, cucumber, edamame, carrots, seaweed etc.
¼ cup Gluten Free Soy Sauce
1½ Tbsp Rice Vinegar
½ Tbsp Sugar (or another sweetener)
1 Tsp Sesame Oil
¼ Tsp Crushed Garlic
¼ Cup Spring Onion – chopped thinly
1. Place rice into a bowl and fluff with a fork.
2. Take out salmon and gently slice into 2cm thick cubes. Place in a separate bowl, ready to be marinated. Chop avocado half into 2cm cubes and place into salmon bowl.
3. Next, in a small bowl, combine gluten free soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, garlic and mix. Add spring onions to mixture, leaving a small portion for a garnish on top.
4. Place the sauce into the salmon bowl and gently combine ingredients together with a spoon.
5. Place salmon mixture onto the bed of rice and garnish with spring onions and sesame seeds. You can also add other toppings of your choice, such as cucumber, edamame beans, carrots, seaweed etc.
Did you know "poké" means "to slice" in Hawaiian? Other variations of the dish include tuna or octopus, as well as a vast range of sauce flavours. You could also try adding Sriracha for a spice kick, or Japanese Mayonnaise for a tangy twist.