Garlic Butter Prawn Pasta
> NUT FREE
There's nothing better than delicious buttery prawns and a nice big bowl of pasta! So we thought of a quick little recipe that combines simple ingredients, and is absolutely bursting with garlic buttery goodness! The squid ink pasta adds an elegant touch to the dish and gives the 'restaurant quality' feel, right in the comfort of your own home!
1 packet of Squid Ink pasta
500g Australian Green Prawn meat
1½ Tsp Crushed Garlic
1 packet of Cherry Tomatoes - chopped in half
Small handful of Basil leaves
1 Birdseye Chilli
Sea Salt, to taste
Cracked Pepper, to taste
1. Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and once water has boiled, place the squid ink pasta into the pot and cook according to directions on the packet.
2. Whilst pasta is boiling, in a separate fry pan, melt butter and 1½ tsp of garlic.
3. Finely chop birdseye chilli (removing the seeds unless you like some spice!!), add chilli to pan and grind salt and pepper to taste. Stir.
4. Add prawn meat, tossing them around to combine all the ingredients. Cook until they turn pink.
5. Drain the pasta and add to the fry pan. Mix through basil leaves and cherry tomatoes until slightly wilted.
6. Serve and garnish with any extra chilli and a basil leaf!
Although you can totally use normal pasta, we decided to use squid ink pasta for this dish as it has more of a briney, sea salty flavour - making it a perfect addition to any seafood meal.