Lemon & Herb Prawn Skewers
> Gluten Free > SOY FREE > EGG Free > NUT FREE
A simple yet delicious way of preparing your prawns, the dish always goes down a treat with family and friends at any BBQ get-together! You can even get the kids involved in helping you prepare the skewers!
20 Australian Prawns - Peeled & Deveined
2 Lemons - Sliced into half cm thickness and halved into crescent moons
½ Cup Unsalted Butter
½ Lemon Juice
2 Garlic cloves - minced
1 Tsp Dried Oregano
1 Tsp Dried Thyme
1 Tsp Dried Basil
1½ Tbs Fresh Parsley - chopped finely
8 Large Wooden Skewers
1. Soak wooden skewers in water the night before to avoid burning.
2. Thread each skewer with both lemon slices and prawn meat - in an alternating pattern. Don't forget to leave a small space at one end so you can pick them up with ease!
3. Place skewers on the BBQ and cook each side for about 3-4 minutes.
4. While keeping an eye on the skewers, in a small pot, melt the butter over a medium heat. Once melted, add lemon juice, minced garlic and all dried herbs, stirring until the mixture becomes fragrant. At this point, you can adjust the flavour to your taste with salt and pepper.
5. Once skewers are fully cooked and the butter sauce is complete, serve the skewers on a large plate and pour the sauce over the top, ensuring all skewers are evenly coated. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice. Enjoy!
If you're running short on time - prepare and thread all your skewers the night before so you're ready to cook the next morning! You also don't have to cook on a BBQ, fry them in a pan over medium high heat or place them on a baking tray and cook for 5-6 minutes at 200˚C.